My Labor/Birth Doula Services include but are not limited to the below listings. Each mom, partner, labor and birth are unique and beautiful. Along with physical, emotional and informational support; I will help empower, educate and help you make informed choices throughout your labor and birth. My goal is to provide a warm, safe, intimate, comfortable and positive energy to each labor and birth that I attend.
- At least two prenatal meetings will be scheduled. These meetings are for us to get to know each other by sharing in conversation. They also allow me to have a trial run so that I can be familiar with getting to your house. We will go over your birth preferences (ideal birth), personal experiences, medical history, your thoughts, feelings and fears. I do prefer that your partner (if applicable) is actively involved in these meetings as well. It is very important that I develop a relationship with your partner as well since we will be working as a team.
- Availability by phone, email or text at anytime (from the time of hire until a month after delivery).
During Labor & Delivery:
- We will stay connected via telephone until you are ready for me to join you at home or in the hospital. I typically join you when active labor has been established (contractions 5-8 minutes apart consistently).
- Once I am with you, I will assist you and your partner with getting as comfortable as possible with many comfort measures, support (physical, emotional and informational), kind words and a warm presence.
- Support carrying out your ideal labor and will remind you of your wishes and encourage you often.
- If permitted, I will take pictures of the labor and birth (this will be discussed prior to labor).
- Continued support by your side even after the placenta is born and the doctor/midwife as left.
- Assistance with establishing breast-feeding or bottle feeding as soon as the baby is born and you are ready to do so. I will continue to take pictures and allow you and your partner time to bond with your baby.
- Support will continue until about two hours after the deliver and available by phone/text/email anytime after that.
- Post-partum meeting 1-2 weeks after delivery. We will discuss emotions, breast-feeding and a recap of your labor. You will also receive a photo CD of all the pictures that I take during your labor and delivery (if applicable).
I will not only lend you my hand but also my heart! I am VERY passionate about what I do and will give my whole heart when supporting a mother and her partner!
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord” Colossians 3:23
“It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters”. Mother Teresa